My Most Cherished Memory at Texas State

My journey here at Texas State has been one I will remember and keep for the rest of my life. Although, my college career didn’t start here, I still consider myself a native to San Marcos. I started here at the end of my sophomore year and I still had some hours I needed to complete to become a junior. I instantly fell in love with campus and the environment around it. I definitely found my niche here at Texas State. There are so many amazing memories I’ve experienced here and to pick just one has been a challenge. The one memory that sticks out to me the most was the time I walked around campus with my dad.
            Walking around campus with my dad may not seem like a momentous memory or event, but it’s definitely one that I hold close to my heart. My dad is a Texas State Alumni and so was his father. Naturally when I first started here, he wanted to give me the tour of campus. I remember being in such awe of the campus and listening to my dad talk about his memories here made me so thankful to be in that moment with him. It was a surreal feeling knowing that at my age 20 years ago my dad was walking these same grounds and roaming the same halls at Texas state as I am today. I am proud to carry on his legacy and graduate from such an amazing school. I wouldn’t be who I am or where I’m at without the love and support of both my parents, which is why just simply walking around campus with my dad is my favorite memory here at Texas State.

            I’ve shared a lot of great memories and experiences with my peers as well, such as working together in groups and going around interviewing people for classes. In all honesty just walking around campus and being active in the community is what makes me the happiest. You can’t just expect life to go the way you want it to if you’re not putting yourself out there and taking risks. Life is one grand adventure and you hold the pencil to write your story. That’s why I’m glad my story has a such beautiful history to it and I can carry on my family’s tradition of attending Texas State.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Week #1: Kevin Schulte - Expertise Prompt

Blog 2 (posted on drop box on 7/22)

Blog #2