Blog #3 - Favorite Texas State Memory


It's difficult to boil all these memories down to a single favorite, but one that first comes to mind is the day that I received my Texas State ring. Being an only child and a soon-to-be first generation college graduate, I tend to put a lot of pressure on myself in order to live a life that my parents weren't fortunate enough to. In addition, my parents have been divorced nearly my whole life which hasn't made my journey any easier. However, on the day of the ring ceremony, all three of my parents gathered together for the first time in my 22 years to watch me place that little piece of gold on my finger. Seeing the smiles on their faces all under the same roof was a feeling unlike any other, and for it to be because of my accomplishments was the icing on the cake. Receiving my Texas State ring was a huge milestone for my family and I. This is truly a memory that I will carry with me for a lifetime.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Week #1: Kevin Schulte - Expertise Prompt

Blog 2 (posted on drop box on 7/22)

Blog #2