Blog #3 - Texas State Memory

I have a love/hate relationship with school. I love learning and education. I hate the rules and regulations I'm forced to follow to get my degree. What I hate worse than being tested by the man, is exercise. So as a person with the body shape of the letter 'P', walking up the steepest hill to Old Main everyday for the past two years is actually the memory from Texas State that will stay in my memory for the rest of my life.
Ever since I was a kid, I couldn't stand going to school. I just got bored with everything so quickly. I'm not saying I'm genius, I just get bored easily. However, I've always loved to learn. So when I started college, I quickly and foolishly realized that no one was there to hold me accountable. I stopped going and quickly faded out. 
Cut to 2016 when I transferred to Texas State University to finally finish this chapter of my life, and , girl, it was a culture shock.
So many youths, everyone walks everywhere, and, if you do drive, the parking sucks. 
Anyway, I was ready to stop school again because I hated everything. I felt like courses were getting redundant, I'm in a weird in-between age and that hill was determined to kill me.
But then I realized, I've come too far to turn around now. As a chainsmoking asthmatic walking up each step to old main, I said to myself, "I am earning this degree."
The hill has been a symbol for my college career. It's an up hill battle with gravity and other obstacles getting in my way, but (step by step) I'm making my way to that diploma. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Week #1: Kevin Schulte - Expertise Prompt

Blog 2 (posted on drop box on 7/22)

Blog #2