Blog 2 (posted on drop box on 7/22)

The most favorite thing I did the first part of summer was attending the Addison Square Park Fourth of July Festival with my family. 

Though it may seem like just another holiday, this was the first family outing since I have been away at Texas State. It wouldn't be a family outing without a bit of bickering. My siblings and I argued, our parents argued, and we argued with our parents, but I still found myself smiling. 

The food was great, the show was great, and the company was greater. We splurged on turkey legs, ice cream and just about any fried food combination you could think of. 

The best part of the day was our last-minute decision to attend a 11 p.m. showing of the new Jurassic Park film. Now even though my mom is only 42 years old, she like to go to bed as early as 8 p.m. so for her to agree to this was a big deal.

The night consisted of laughs and trips down memory lane. I felt like a kid again and throughout the day I was happy and carefree. Oh, and I completely forgot about my online economics homework assignment due at midnight. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Week #1: Kevin Schulte - Expertise Prompt

Blog #2