Favorite Summer Memory


My favorite memory from this summer was my trip to Manchester, Tennessee to be a part of Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival. This was my first trip to Tennessee and I got the chance to meet a lot of amazing people in the entertainment industry from this experience. I spent 12 days on a farm in what can only be described as a converted shipping container. They were equipped with power, A/C, and running water. It was definitely a lot better than actually camping out in a tent.

The team I worked with consisted of seven staff members plus 16 other college students and together we coordinated approximately 4,000 volunteers that Bonnaroo operates on. For the first few days, staff were the only ones allowed on the property so we just relaxed and got to know each other by playing games, scavenger hunts and going on multiple tours of the festival grounds. Once the volunteers were able to come on to the site we assisted them with everything from parking and helping them set up their campsite to checking them in for their shifts and driving volunteers to their assignments. We all worked hard and also played hard. I got to enjoy some great music from The Killers and Eminem, eat different foods like fried gator tail and see incredible art installations.

This experience was truly an honor, the connections I made and how much I learned from working on this event was incredible, I didn't want it to end. I'll be back for my second Bonnaroo next year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Week #1: Kevin Schulte - Expertise Prompt

Blog 2 (posted on drop box on 7/22)

Blog #2