Most Cherished Memory at Texas State

Attending Texas State University is one of the best decisions I've ever made. Before enrolling at this university I went to a Bobcat Day with my family to learn about what the university had to offer but I was also even more excited to learn about on-campus residential life. That day I visited Tower Hall and after going on a tour and asking questions I knew that it was the perfect place to live in.

A lot of people may not know but Tower Hall is a living-learning community in which all student residents have a common career track. My floor was composed of students in the School of Journalism and Mass Communication.

Living at Tower Hall with other students that were pursuing similar careers was an incredible experience and one that I will always cherish. We all had the same courses and got the chance to know each other very well through study groups and learning community bonding activities. We had a lot of fun going to university events together like football games and movie nights, late night study and homework sessions, going to the river and just exploring San Marcos. Both of our resident advisors were also a part of the School of Journalism and Mass Communication. Carlos Hernandez and Malik Mingo were such great mentors to all of us.

One thing that I will take away from this experience are all the connections that I made through living in this dorm. I know that I can count on them in our professional careers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Week #1: Kevin Schulte - Expertise Prompt

Blog 2 (posted on drop box on 7/22)

Blog #2