Texas State Moment



In this life there are so many moments that we carry with us forever. Looking specifically into moments here at Texas State, there is only one that I will forever carry with me. That moment is my journey actually getting into Texas State and receiving my acceptance letter.

I had graduated high school in 2014 and immediately following that I went to college. My first year of college took me to Utah Valley University. It was a quick freshman year that lead to me finding my way back here to Texas. My second year of college I completed at Blinn College. The second year hit hard my grades were bad and the year just left my GPA sinking fast. In that moment I decided to take a semester off and go get EMT certified. Two thousand dollars later and a piece of paper in my hands saying I could save lives I realized it wasn’t for me. It was time for me to face that dreaded mess of a GPA. Facing that made me set a goal on attending Texas State and getting a change of scenery.

Lots of endless nights studying and a few community college classes later my GPA was where it needed to be and I found myself starting at the paper that truly kick started my future and here I am now, just a few short months from getting another piece of paper that will be the foundation of my future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Week #1: Kevin Schulte - Expertise Prompt

Blog 2 (posted on drop box on 7/22)

Blog #2