Summer Memory




The weekend of June 15 is a time that I will never forget. A huge group of my friends from my hometown all pitched in for an Airbnb in Houston to celebrate two of their birthdays. That Friday night we all had tickets to see Post Malone, which is, of course, one of my all-time favorite performers. We had all been planning this weekend for months, and the night before we headed for Houston none of us could sleep because we were so stoked.

We walk through the doorway of our temporary home and immediately dispersed in all directions to claim which room would be whose. As we all settled in, we began getting ourselves ready for the concert. At about 7:00 p.m. our party bus (more like a large van) pulls up to shuttle us 45 minutes to the Cynthia Woods Pavilion in the Woodlands. We arrive a little before 8:00 p.m., scan our tickets, and hunt for our seats. Shortly after, Post Malone began and truly put on such an amazing show. Everyone in the crowd sang along to every word, even the tone deaf such as myself.

Being four hours away from friends that I've been around my whole life for the past three years has been tough. We're all growing up and moving away, so it's getting more and more rare for us to all be together at once. It was such a great feeling being surrounded by all of the people I love and seeing everyone enjoy the moment.  It's times like these that I'll cherish forever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Week #1: Kevin Schulte - Expertise Prompt

Blog 2 (posted on drop box on 7/22)

Blog #2