Superb Summer Memories

Howdy and Hello,

This 4th of July weekend, my best friend and I drove through Texas, New Mexico, and Colorado. I moved from Houston two years ago and it's been kind of tough. I had a large friend group there and a lot of them refuse to move from the Cluth City. Becca, my best friend, is one of them. Becca has been a practicing farmer and horticulture educator for six years. I met Becca three years ago and we instantly hit it off. Since I've moved, I've only been able to see her once. Despite our distance, we speak almost every week. That says more than it seems, especially for us letter-writers.

Typically, the life of a farmer is full of stress and revolving deadlines. There's always something to harvest, someone to feed. It is a rarity that I get to see Becca at all these days. So imagine my amazement and excitement when she was able to join this 4-day road trip that I decided on doing a week prior to leaving.

Through this road trip, I was able to communicate with my friend in a way we hadn't been awarded before. We had hours to go back and forth over times missed, moments forgotten and promises broken. We gabbed about boys, girls, work, school, apartments, houses, cars, and bicycles. We dissected every inch of our lives for one another, knowing that we wouldn't have another chance for maybe two more years. We drove through National Parks and Forests, old towns forgotten, volcanic descendants of New Mexico's pre-historic years.

I wish I counted the number of times we sang with gratitude for this trip. We needed it.

Best,

Jess

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Week #1: Kevin Schulte - Expertise Prompt

Blog 2 (posted on drop box on 7/22)

Blog #2