My Long-Time Collection



As I've expressed earlier this semester, rocks have always been my thing. It's kind of unconventional, and most would say boring, but I've just always been fascinated by them.

Being an only child, I didn't grow up with the joys of having a sibling sidekick or someone always there to play with. So, that resulted in making my own fun and going on "treasure hunts" in my backyard (big National Geographic Channel fan). I was mostly interested in fossils, petrified wood and arrowheads. Unfortunately, I can't say I ever found an arrowhead, but the hundreds of pieces of petrified wood and fossils made up for it I guess. A family member of mine came up to me when I was really young and said, "You know, there's people called archeologists that study rocks as their job." It was that moment when I took on the phrase, "I want to be an archeologist when I grow up." Of course that only lasted until I was old enough to realize that maybe that's not exactly cool. However, the weird hobby of mine still lives on.

Now I'm typically drawn to agate geodes such as quartz and amethyst, you know, the pretty rocks. My mom and I are actually going to the 22nd Annual Gem and Mineral Show on August 28 in Jasper, Texas. I'm having heart palpitations just thinking about it.

I'm sure it has grown by now, but here's a photo of Kylie Jenner's crystal garden that she posted in 2016. I'd really like to have one of my own some day. I can't keep any plants, but surely I'll be able to keep rocks alive (maybe).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Week #1: Kevin Schulte - Expertise Prompt

Blog 2 (posted on drop box on 7/22)

Blog #2